Thursday, November 18, 2010

One Week.....e-mail letter.....FINALLY!!!!

   Hola! Yo hablo espanol mucho a la MTC! I get to use a lot of spanish here. Mostly because there are lots of Spanish speaking missionaries. I have been contacted by several sets of Spanish missionaries and get to hear lessons in Spanish! I understand a lot and it makes me super happy.
 
I want to say THANK YOU for all of the letters! They have been so nice and supportive in this time that I have been gone. A whole week! I did pack my watch so no worries about that. I found my gold one amongst my other jewelry. Maybe the Lord packed it for me? 
 
Thank you also for sending me my talk! My companion read it and I think it helps her to understand me better. We are part of a pilot program... most missionaries practice teaching about 9 times while they are here. We will be teaching 22 times in 3 weeks. We have a lot of "progressing investigators" there is Tina, Derek, Katya, and Joseph. My companion and I are working hard on being obedient and on being unified. We get along really great and we teach very differently. It has been fun to learn to work with each others strengths. :) I love that the Lord gives us different strengths so that we can draw upon one another! 
 
I feel that way about families as well. As a single person we are but one with inadequacies. With a family (or companion) we become more complete and are strengthened. And for those of us who struggle with families or need more help God gives us the greatest friends ever!
 
I love the MTC. The food is good and if there is ever a day that it doesn't sound good there are awesome wraps in the cafeteria where you can build your own kind of like pita pit! Yum! I love my district with all of my heart! We have some of the greatest elders and sisters. I am pretty sure that the Lord hand picked us for each other. We had a great devotional last night from one of the Quorum of the Seventy and then we had a review with our district. Their testimonies were so touching and so beautiful. I loved it! I feel kind of like the big sister and we all know that I love that! 
 
Today we got to go to the temple! We had to wake up at 5am but it was SOOOOO worth it! I love the Provo Temple. It has now become so much prettier than I initially thought. I love this work! We also ate at the temple cafeteria together as a district! Lovely! It was like going out to a Celestial Restaurant. We are pretty certain that is how heaven will be. :)
 
I want to testify of God's love for all of you. I know that God will take care of those that I love while I am gone. I get to wear pants today and that is nice. Happy pants wearing day! I am pretty sure that the P-day should stand for pants day. Ha ha! Oh family I miss you! Oh friends I miss you! Oh mountains I miss you! And I am sooooooo excited to teach others this gospel! I know that this gospel has brought happiness to my life. True doctrine, when followed, changes everything. God is a loving Heavenly Father and he wants the best for all of his children. Please keep me in your prayers and know that you are in mine!   
                 God be with you till we meet again,
                                                  Sister Nicole Gordon


I have edited her letter somewhat to make it easier to read.  Also much blessings we FINALLY heard from her, as she'd been gone a whole week and no word.  We were getting a little worried she was having too much fun and forgot about us. ;D

1 comment: