Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Sequel from Book of Mormon Story

 
So, a fun story! I was at the Visitors' Center this week and an Elder came up to me and asked, can you teach about the restoration? I responded, "Sure, when?" "In about 30 seconds? It is kind of an unexpected appointment." I guess someone they have been teaching and a friend of hers came into the Visitors' Center and just happened to run into the Elders! MIRACLE! So I began a tour for the Elders and two women about the Restoration of the Gospel of Jesus Christ. During the tour I felt prompted that the friend of this woman would be very touched by the story of the primary children saving their money to buy a Book of Mormon to send to me on my mission to give to someone very special. I showed them a short movie clip about the 1st Vision. While they watched i rushed down to my cubby and retrieved the Book of Mormon from the Primary. After the clip I talked with the group about the Book of Mormon and what it means... That there is another testament of Jesus Christ, That He is our Savior and Redeemer, that God calls prophets today, and that the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is the same exact church that Jesus Christ established while He was on this earth. That through a prophet the Gospel of Jesus Christ is restored in its fulness! I then related the story of the Primary Children. I told this woman, "I felt like you were a special person that I should give this Book of Mormon to. I'd like to invite you to read it and to pray about it, to find out for yourself if this is really true." This woman accepted the invitation to do that and also asked the Elders if she could meet with them as well. It was such a beautiful and wonderful miracle!

No comments:

Post a Comment