Monday, February 13, 2012

Becoming



Calista Nicole Gordon (Nikki's Niece) was baptized on Saturday Feb 4 2012. This is what Nikki had to say about that. 
What a cool experience to be able to go to Calista's baptism! What a wonderful step she is taking in her life promising God that she is going to try her very hardest to do what Jesus would do. 8 years old is such a great age. It is an age where you have reached the age of accountability or the understanding between what is right and what is wrong. Every decision can be made with the realization that our choices always bring consequences. Some consequences are good and some are not. Every choice we make leads us to who we become and effects those around us. I don't think I understood to what a great depth we effect others until quite recently. Something that seems small and a "personal decision" often has long reaching effects on family friends and especially on our future. Choices are what help us grow and progress and BECOME. I like the quote I learned from Thayer Learning Center (a boot camp I used to work at in Missouri) "Character is won or lost when no one is looking." We become the choices we constantly make, especially those we make when we feel like nobody else will know. I often take inventory of myself to see what my character is.... Who am I when I am alone and making decisions? Who am I trying to become and how am I doing it? I think it was Elder Scott who said We become what we want to be by consistently being what we want to become each day.(October 2010)  I just love that nobody is left to their circumstance but that we can overcome. We have the power to act we have the power to choose. There is a wonderful mormon message called Freedom to... 
http://mormon.org/choice/#making-hard-choices

  God's idea is the freedom to become. We are free to overcome our circumstance and to become more than what the world expects of us. With God all things are possible and there are no limits. How amazing to know that God wants us to be better and do greater things than even we can imagine. If we humbly submit ourselves to God's will we will see miracles. So I invite each of you this week to prayerfully consider what more God wants for your life. Who does He want you to become and what does He want you to do. I know without a shadow of a doubt that if you follow His will you will not be disappointed with the result. God is good and wonderful. I love you all dearly!
God be with you till we meet again.
Love,
  Sister Gordon

No comments:

Post a Comment