Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Teaching people


   The bread was the most AMAZING thing in the world. I finished off the 1st loaf within 24 hours. My roommates thought it was divine! And the jam is soooooo good! I thought that was the neatest thing ever!  I will get a letter out to you this week if I can. I will try super hard! I am only allowed to write on P-days so that is kind of hard. I am glad you got to see Kim! Wow India!  She is so neat! I love her adventures in traveling. I think she will like India.
 This week has been super busy as usual. No rest for those who are trying to put in their whole might, mind, and strength (D&C 4) Now behold a marvelous work is about to come forth.... ask and ye shall receive; knock and it shall be opened unto you Amen. ( great scripture to look up and read the full content.)  We are currently teaching a family and 2 others. The family is so sweet. They are from Japan and they are seeking for truth and happiness in their lives. We are also teaching a woman from Liberia and a woman from Jamaica. We also have a return appointment with someone who is Jewish and a girl from the Phillipines.  So much diversity here! I love it and I love the people we are teaching! It has been so great to see the way that people start to light up when we teach them and they start to do things like read the Book of Mormon and pray and come to church. People start to find a more lasting happiness. There is no greater joy than seeing the people you teach and love find more happiness. And lets be honest... Can't we all use a little more happiness in our lives.
I know that happiness comes from doing what God wants us to do; even when what He wants us to do can be hard. I know that God has a better perspective of what will make us eternally happy and that all of those commandments that He gives us help us to be eternally happy... or to have JOY! God is like the most loving parent in the world times a million and He wants us to grow and to be strong and live up to our fullest potential. He wants us to help others to reach their potential. It is like when a little child begins to walk. They don't have all of the coordination yet. They are taking tiny steps and a lot of times they fall down. But they get up again. They work those muscles and eventually take more steps. They build up their strength and their ability and over time it becomes natural. And the whole time they go through the process the parents are there, with their arms outstretched. "Come on little one! Keep going! You can do it! I know you can! Get up, try again!" Our Heavenly Father is much like this. Encouraging us along the way, even when we fall down. Eventually we will be able to walk and then, we will begin to run.
I love you all so much and hope that you are doing well. Thank you for the letters that you send and for your prayers. I also wanted to say a special thanks to my parents friends for taking care of them and especially for the Christmas Cards that were sent! You are all so awesome and wonderful. I am glad to be around such wonderful people! I truly am blessed to have great people who surround me all the time. I am especially blessed to have those that love me and that I can share that love with in return. Above all else I know that I have a loving Heavenly Father who loves me and I love Him. I am trying to show my love for Him in all that I say and do. I also know that He loves each and every one of you. We are all His children. Know that He is there, cheering you on in your lives! "Come on little one! Keep going! You can do it! I know you can! Get up, try again!"
    With lots of love,
            Happy New Year!
                God be with you till we meet again!
                          Sister Nicole Gordon

No comments:

Post a Comment