Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Transfer time


 TRANSFERS! Wow! So I stayed with Sister Clark and we stayed in the same area so no big changes yet. Which I am very grateful for. I feel like we just started to really be able to work and to teach. I want to say thank you for all the true Christians out there. For those who let us in to get warm and talk with them even if they don't want to hear any more after that.  I love Sister Clark! She is so kind and so loving and so lovable. She is really the best trainer I could've asked for. She works really really hard and helps me to do the same. She is also so funny and makes cute little noises and funny faces. She is so happy and enthusiastic and is teaching me to always keep that same attitude! The work is really neat and amazing when you put your whole heart and soul into it. And it is so wonderful to see the amazing effect it has on those who listen and try to apply it. In Alma chapter 32 it says:
 27 But behold, if ye will awake and arouse your faculties, even to an experiment upon my words, and exercise a particle of faith, yea, even if ye can no more than desire to believe, let this desire work in you, even until ye believe in a manner that ye can give place for a portion of my words.
  28 Now, we will compare the word unto a seed. Now, if ye give place, that a seed may be planted in your heart, behold, if it be a true seed, or a good seed, if ye do not cast it out by your unbelief, that ye will resist the Spirit of the Lord, behold, it will begin to swell within your breasts; and when you feel these swelling motions, ye will begin to say within yourselves-It must needs be that this is a good seed, or that the word is good, for it beginneth to enlarge my soul; yea, it beginneth to enlighten my understanding, yea, it beginneth to be delicious to me.
  29 Now behold, would not this increase your faith? I say unto you, Yea; nevertheless it hath not grown up to a perfect knowledge.
 I know that as we try the experiment of acting on the Lord's commandments that we will see a change in our lives and we will become a happier people with more love and peace in our lives.
I got to see the Baltimore 4 on New Year's Day! It was so fantastic! (Sister Barney, Elder Jenks, Elder Dutson, and Elder Plett) They are all from my MTC District and they are all serving in Baltimore Maryland. They all seem to be doing wonderfully and I know they are all blessed with the ability to teach by the Spirit. When we teach by the Spirit we bless the lives of many. The Lord works through those who are willing to listen to the Spirit and to have the courage to act on our promptings. He calls us from where we are. Neal A. Maxwell has a great quote "Life in the Church soon teaches us, too, that the Lord does not ask us about our ability, but only about our availability. And then, if we demonstrate our dependability, the Lord will increase our capability.” Neal A. Maxwell 
For those who have written... I LOVE LETTERS! Thank you so much! It truly encourages me to "Press forward with a steadfastness in Christ, having a perfect brightness of hope, and a love of God and of all men...." (2 Nephi 31:20) I know that whenever you write a missionary you are blessing the area they work in because it truly reminds us of the people we love and that as a missionary we have left our family and friends for a short time so that other people can be with their families forever. What a wonderful thing! Keep writing to me and to other missionaries!
Hmmm... I don't think I need anything yet but if I do I will let you know. Unless there are people to teach! I do need more of those. I would love to have anyone who wants to be taught let us know so that the missionaries can come to them. It makes us so happy to be able to teach. Missionaries are so blessed to be able to get to love people so quickly and so truly. I can't explain how much I have easily come to love all those that I teach. :)
Mom! Amanda called! That is so wonderful! She works with Kelly Huddleston... whatever her new name is. Amanda was so wonderful. Add her as your facebook friend. I want to be friends with her when I come home.
Kim Nelson wrote me while she has been in the hospital. It made me cry. I hope that everything goes well with the treatments. Send messages of love to Emily. I know she will need some extra strength. She always seems so strong but I know it is hard for her. She loves Kim so much.  I know that all things happen for a reason and that some are harder than others. But I know that Christ is there through it all... He knows exactly how we feel. Kim wrote to me that she knows that she has a perfect and wonderful older brother who knows exactly what it feels like to go through cancer. It is so true. Christ is there and He knows exactly how it feels to go through our lives and to experience the pains and sufferings that we do. He is happy when we are happy and He is sad when we are sad and through it all... He loves us. No greater love than this that a man layeth down his life for his friends. Christ laid down his life for all of us. There is no greater love than His.
Oh, so at the Visitor Center I work 3 to 5 shifts a week. We have Am shift or PM shift. It is nice to be able to have such a variety in the missionary work! I LOVE IT!
I just want to let you all know how much I love you! You are all so great and have touched my life in so many ways. I cannot begin to tell you how my life experience, my family, and my friends have prepared me for such a time as this. I have been able to connect with people I barely know and to instantly love them. I have been able to relate to people who are like myself or like my friends back home. I have been able to speak a little Spanish and connect with a whole different culture. I have been able to keep going when things are hard and to laugh at myself when I make mistakes and overall I have been able to grow and progress. I love you all and I want you to know that I appreciate all that you do for me. Whenever I find someone new to love my heart beats with love for all of you. You have no idea how much you all mean to me. I hope you are all doing well and know that you are in my prayers.
 Once again, I am out of time. Have the best day ever and know that I LOVE YOU!
    God be with you till we meet again
        Love,
          Sister Gordon

No comments:

Post a Comment