Friday, August 5, 2011

I am enjoying so much being here in the Washington D.C. North area! It is crazy to think that a year ago this time I was in Ecuador! How I miss Ecuador but love where I am in life. It is so interesting how the things happen in our lives. I love the orchestration and hand that God plays. I can see that event after event has helped to prepare me for things I am doing now. I can also see the things and events going on now and how they will prepare me for my future. I testify of this all of the time BUT I LOVE THIS CONCEPT! God is a loving Heavenly Father who knows us and who hears us and who cares about us. He knows what we will go through and what we will need. As long as we will turn to Him and rely on Him, He will give us the strength that we need and will help us to grow. We will become great and we will do great things. We will look back and see that everything has worked together for our good and has given us the experience that we need. (Mosiah 2:41)  And moreover, I would desire that ye should consider on the blessed and happy state of those that keep the commandments of God. For behold, they are blessed in all things, both temporal and spiritual; and if they hold out faithful to the end they are received into heaven, that thereby they may dwell with God in a state of never-ending happiness. O remember, remember that these things are true; for the Lord God hath spoken it. I know that when we follow the commandments of God we will find an unshakeable inner peace that allows us to be happy even in the hardest times of our life.
 
The gospel is incredible. It blesses individuals and families. It helps us at any age and in any situation and it is meant to help us to have a personal relationship with God and with Jesus Christ. I know that it is true because I have seen it help me and I have seen its powerful influence in the lives of others. There is nothing better than to see the peace and blessings the gospel brings.
 
God be with you till we meet again,
love,
Sister Gordon

No comments:

Post a Comment