Monday, December 6, 2010

Training for Visitors Center, last week at MTC

Hey! How is everyone? Know that I love and miss you all! Thank you everyone for the letters! They are so uplifting and encouraging! I have been loving the MTC and I love my new district (although very differently from my old one.) We saw all of them off this week except for Elder Durrant who is in a cast and must stay for at least 2 more weeks. (I'll try to get a picture of that for you, we all signed his cast. :)
I ran into an Elder Pack (James Pack's little brother) who is going to Australia! Yay! And he is somewhat disappointed that I got an awesome wedding invite to James and Molly's wedding and he didn't. He he! Thanks James and Molly! I also ran into an Hermana Kim Young going to New York South Mission. She is phenomenal. We spent last spring break together in St. George! I am so excited for her.
Ok, so visitor center training.... Is AWESOME! I love media and how much more touching it is. There are 26 sisters in our district and they are all great! We have sisters from Peru, Uruguay, Pakistan, Tahiti, Fiji, Kay Ves Islands (not sure how to spell that one... I believe it is some islands off of the coast of Africa... look it up), Taiwan, Singapore, and different parts of the states. One girl is from Blanding UT and is going to temple square. CRAZY! I am so excited about DC! We only have one other sister going there. Sister DeAgostini. She is portugese speaking. Her family is Brazilian but she grew up in Salt Lake. Kim Kitchen needs to be friends with her after the mission because Sister De wants to travel! She is gorgeous and easy to get along with.

So in the MTC I am learning about using media. Super Fun! We teach other missionaries at all of our meal times! I love it because it makes me pay attention to the different pictures! There are so many! And I find more details and more meaning in all of them than I ever have before. I also really enjoy seeing other people's perceptions of the different pictures. It is such a learning experience for me and has made my love for Christ, God, and others grow. I also love anyone who does art. ART IS FABULOUS! For those of you who have a talent for art and have stopped doing it in any form painting, music, photography, cinematography, etc. pick it up again! Even if you have the desire to do it try and I know that your talents will improve and it will effect people. Remember to always influence others for good!
For all of my friends who are now friends with my mother. I think that is awesome! You will find out that she is more amazing than I am! She is a big part of why I am who I am and why I have such an ability to love so many people. However, don't think that our friendship gets to stop just because you found someone cooler than me. Oh, Mom, expect a lot of new friends! Many of the Elders and Sisters I have met here will be visiting your home in the future. Probably sometime after April 24, 2012... Because that is when I will be home for them to meet you and because they won't be home until after that either. :)
I have heard some great things about the Visitor Center Sisters! One of my favorite is from David A. Bednar. He said that as they sit and choose missionaries they put all of the sisters up first and choose the visitor center sisters. There are only 18 visitor centers and they choose women that they can see have a love for Christ and a testimony of his Atonement. I truly feel this is something that I can testify of. I know that none of us are perfect, that Heavenly Father knew this and so he provided a way for us to repent and come unto him. John 3:16 - 17." For God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever beleiveth in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life. For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world, through him, might be saved." We are never alone in this life. Our brother Christ has felt everything we have felt and He is there for us. He wants us to come unto him and to feel peace. I love this message and it has blessed my life in so many ways! I have come on a mission to spread this same peace to others. That they may feel of the love I have felt; the peace and the comfort. All they have to be willing to do is to pray to God and ask with the intent to act upon His answers going forward in faith even when it may be scary. I know that God answers prayers and that He loves all of His children.

God be with you till we meet again,
      Love,
         Sister Nicole Gordon

No comments:

Post a Comment