Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Our Pain

Our relief society president told a saying from the Phillipines that says "Pain of the pinky is felt by the whole body." President James E. Faust said  "All of experience those wrenching, defining, difficult decision that mve us to a higher level of spirituality... they are the Gethsemanes of our lives that bring with them great pain and anguish..." (October 2000)  At first I thought, how sad that each of us must experience sorrow and pain. Then I looked back on my own life and asked myself when I had grown the most? The real growing experiences of my life have generally come when I or someone I love has gone through something difficult and through those experience have become the people we are today. I have tried to surround myself with great people, and I know for a fact that we would not be those same great  people if we hadn't met obstacles in our lives and been able to overcome them.   My Savior suffered more than any of us will suffer and as Jeffrey R. Holland said "How can we expect to become like Jesus Christ if we never experience a thimbleful of Gethsemane."

No comments:

Post a Comment