Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Support and Encouragement

What a wonderful place to be! I love it here and I love the work that is going on. This weekend our mission is helping to support a local stake in a mini mission for the youth! The youth will be going out and helping the missionaries to contact new people, teach and everything! There are even going to be a group of young women at the Visitors' Center! It is going to be the neatest thing ever. Especially after hearing from Elder Bednar this last conference. INCREDIBLE!
 I just wanted to touch briefly on how important it is that we are kind to others. We have the ability to strengthen those around us and to lift them. It is easy and sometimes even popular to make fun of or hurt the people that we know and sometimes those we don't know. It seems to be funny to pick on someone or to play mean tricks. How sad to see that this is normal and seen as humorous. I myself have seen that "playing tricks" on someone to make others laugh is a sarcastic humor that almost always is a cause of frustration or sadness on the other side of that trick. We are all travelers in this journey of life. Our goal should not be to hinder the path of others by putting up obstacles or by tripping them up. Our goal should be to help make that pathway clearer. To provide support and encouragement. To lift those who are in need and especially to love those that fall behind.
0

My invitation for each of you is to find ways that you can serve and love your fellowmen more often. I know that as you do there will be more peace in your daily lives and that you will see your relationships grow stronger and your friends to be more true.
I love you all with my whole heart,
God be with you till we meet again.

No comments:

Post a Comment