Thursday, April 7, 2011

for my friend Kim

Kim, Nikki, Emily
The sky is gray and cloudy
It begins to rain
I wish the falling drops
Could wash away the pain
A voice it rumbles softly
Words fall upon my ear
I'm sorry , she has passed away
She is no longer here
My heart is broken open
And I begin to shake
I look up at the darkened sky
God, she is too young to take
I fall upon my knees
The drops fall faster now
The cold wind swirls around me
My head I slowly bow
My Heavenly Father help me
This is too much to bear
Please let me know
That you are really there
The wind slowly gets calmer
The drops fewer on my face
The thunder softly disappears
I feel a warm embrace
And then a sweet voice whispers
This is what's meant to be
For though you may not understand
The Lord has need of me
I will send you comfort
I know that you will grieve
Lean on our older brother, Christ
He's there, He will not leave
Let Him help you through this
Give all your grief to HIm
You see the great Atonement
Is more than just for sin
It is also for our sorrow
Our tears, our pain, our ache
Even more than that it is
The bands of death to break
So my dear friend I hug you
Before I go on my way
I have a great work I must do
I'll see you again one day
My friend please take great comfort
That I am really free
The pain I have been experiencing
Is taken now from me
I know that you will miss me
I'm going to miss you too
Just know from God, Jesus, and myself
We all truly love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment