Sunday, April 17, 2011

TRANSFER DAY!

( Wednesday April 13, 2011)
Today is transfer day here in the Washington D.C. North Mission. It is great to see so many missionaries gathered together and to hear how their transfer was and where they are going. It is so wonderful to see how much love can exist in our Visitors' Center. There are hugs all around and people giving each other journal pages and taking pictures. A few tears are shed for those who will be leaving to go home but they are sent with well wishes for what life will bring to them. Each transfer gets a little bit harder for me because I see people who I have come to know, respect and love leave me... and I hate being left behind. I learn so much from each of the sisters as I spend time with them and I really will miss them. That is one of the great opportunities we have at the Visitors' Center is to get to know all of the sisters not just our roommates and companions. We got 3 new sisters!  Two Spanish speaking and one English speaking. I am so excited to become friends with each of them! One of the new Spanish sisters will be my roommate in White Oak! Which is my new area. TRANSFER! So I will be in White Oak with Sister Ellsworth! She is great and we are already friends. She is a VC trainer and so we will be at the VC a lot but it will help me to hone my VC missionary skills. I haven't seen our apartment yet but I am happy because it is a newer apartment and I know that it is cockroach free.... the old one wasn't which is why we have a new one. :) I miss all of you a bunch and I hope that you are all doing well. I can't wait to show you pictures. (sending home soon)

No comments:

Post a Comment